SeeS Song of the Week

CT HIP HOP BLOG - SONG OF THE WEEK - "GET UP AND RUN" - SEES MUSIC

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nas and Jay-Z on Squashing Their Beef


 
 What makes Nas and Jay-Z so respectable? One reason is they are both mature and know where and when to draw the line.

I have been longtime fans of both Nas and Jay-Z, but for some reason there hip-hop feud never bothered me, I was able to enjoy the battle because they were doing it for the love of the art and although it became personal, it never spiraled out of control and they kept it on wax.

Their "beef" is old history, but was brought back to the spotlight due to a new upcoming Nas "Behind the Music" episode in which he recalls the beef with Jay-Z, how they patched things up and became friends, and how Jay-Z was the first to extend the olive branch.

It's great to see two artists have the ability to remain friends and respect each other enough to battle each other with mutual respect and love for the art of hip hop.

Nas and Jay-Z still remain friends today. Check out this quote from Nas talking about their feud. 

"We went down to the studio, man, dapped each other up and started laughing," Nas said. "Then the first thing Jay said to me, man, was 'You a'ight?' And I guess he heard about my mom passing, beyond everything else, he looked at me and said, 'Yo man, you aight?' I said, 'Yo, this is a beautiful start right here.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Official CT Hip Hop Blog!!! Thanks for your support Connecticut! Stay tuned for more information on "The Conn-viction Tapes"!