SeeS Song of the Week

CT HIP HOP BLOG - SONG OF THE WEEK - "GET UP AND RUN" - SEES MUSIC

Thursday, March 29, 2012

NAS on Trayvon "So I'm Rocking a Hoodie for My Man"

NAS is clearly one of my favorite rappers alive, he is a leader in the industry when it comes to speaking his mind. I highly respect his views and opinions and think he is very intelligent and insightful, especially around issues dealing with racial tension. I'm glad he gave his two cents on the Trayvon Martin shooting. I'm honored to have met NAS in my lifetime and agree on the importance of remembering Trayvon incidents happen everyday all over the world. I too like to be optimistic one day this race problem will be solved.


NAS Quote on the Trayvon Martin Shooting:

"You never want to hear that kind of news, when it happens, you remember how many Trayvon incidents happen everyday all over the world. ...It doesn't seem like the race problem will ever get solved. I like to be optimistic, but it doesn't seem like it'll ever get solved."
"That's a sickness that needs healing, that this guy Zimmerman is dealing with, and all the Zimmermans around the world. They're dealing with a self-hatred, ignorant, sickness. They're living in fear. So I'm rocking a hoodie for my man."

Nas wore a hoodie during the interview in honor of Trayvon Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Official CT Hip Hop Blog!!! Thanks for your support Connecticut! Stay tuned for more information on "The Conn-viction Tapes"!