SeeS Song of the Week

CT HIP HOP BLOG - SONG OF THE WEEK - "GET UP AND RUN" - SEES MUSIC

Friday, September 12, 2014

FACEBOOK SCREWS ARTISTS WITH NEW NAME CHANGE POLICY!!!

Recently FACEBOOK deactivated my account and would not allow me to log-in without changing my real name to the name they had on file for me. Interesting that although everyone knows me as SeeS, online and in real life,  FACEBOOK knew enough about who I am to know I must be some made up person who could cause harm to their social network by impersonating myself and being the person people know. Please share this to bring awareness about the dissatisfaction and betrayal we feel from facebook!

FIRST! Facebook just proved to everyone how fragile privacy is. All of your past posts now share your government name, or you no longer get to use the service. Search engines will make it easy for the world to find your profile if its public.

SECOND! As an artist who brands his artist name and uses the service to properly connect and network with artists, this not only affects my privacy but my visibility on this platform, so know how fragile your support systems may be.

THIRD! I don't know who half of my friends are by their government, I knew them on an artist basis, and the name they preferred to be called. Facebook screwed all artists majorly with this. And my name was SeeS Sheldon, It wasn't F UR MOM. More people call me SeeS then Scott in my everyday life.

I'm saddened that what I knew would happen is happening so fast.


Please share this to bring awareness about the dissatisfaction and betrayal we feel from facebook!

Please comment if you agree or disagree, what do you think about the policy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Official CT Hip Hop Blog!!! Thanks for your support Connecticut! Stay tuned for more information on "The Conn-viction Tapes"!